Re: Missing pam_userdb.so from libpam-modules

On 05-Jan-20 20:59, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> This seems to bug in the libdb3 package on gcc-3.4 archive.  The
> libdb3 maintainers used a trick to prevent it from linking to
> libpthread which the gcc-3.4 archive undid.
>
> > The same test works fine on i386 Sid.
>
> It also seems to work on pure64.
>
> > I noticed that in db3's debian/rules there is a commented-out line:
> > #export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.24
>
> Yes, that's the trick I'm talking about above.

Hello Kurt,

did you try to rebuild 'db3' in pure64 recently with the
'export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.24' line uncommented?
In the gcc-3.4 archive this does not work,
which is the reason why I commented it out.

I would be interested if 'db3' compiles in pure64 without this change.

Regards
Andreas Jochens