Re: No sound after one second

Ernest jw ter Kuile schrieb:
On Sunday 16 January 2005 18:47, Florian Reichl wrote:

Koef schrieb:

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 05:48:34PM +0100, Niclas Wahlgren wrote:

Sound works with win xp but not with debian amd64
Motherboard: ASUS A8V Deluxe, chipset VIA VT8237 and VIA K8T800Pro
Kernel: 2.6.8-10

You have both Alsa and OSS modules loaded.

I tried to remove all OSS modules. When I login in into KDE I have sound
 for approximately one second.
The logon sound starts and suddenly it is cut of.

Any idea?

Within KDE, Control Center -> Sound & Multimedia -> Hardware

Normaly it should say Auto detect here, if however something went wrong, it might try OSS. in which case KDE will load OSS behind your back.

You can force it to load Alsa instead.

I've already set this switch to ALSA.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Florian