Re: Sarge AMD64 install problems with Adaptec 7902 controller

Samuel Moses <smoses@drjays.com> writes:

> Very similar to the below, I'm trying to install AMD64 sarge via
> sarge-amd64-netinst.iso on a system and when I get to the partition
> section of the installer it fails to detect my disks.  Per the below
> posting on the standard debian list, I simply pressed enter on the
> initial boot screen to no avail.  I'm assuming this is because the 2.4
> kernel isn't used in the amd64 iso I'm using.  Has anyone found a
> resolution to this problem for an AMD64 installation?

There is no 2.4 kernel for amd64 in Debian so you can't use that
option. Also 2.6.9 has other bugs and won't be used for sarge iirc.

I guess you will have to use an sid image once it uses 2.6.10 or get
2.6.8 in debian fixed somehow.

MfG
        Goswin