Re: status of vmware

My brief impression of vmware 4.5 with the any-any patches was that it was so unstable as to basically be unusuable for anything but a proof of concept.

Vmware has begun an open beta program for v5, which I can report is substantially improved (only one crash so far). However, given how these things could work, there could be a long lag between the beta shutting down and the commercial release...