Re: Warning (Nvidia 6629, Kernel 2.6.10 and latest XFree86)

On Thursday 13 January 2005 21:39, In The Night wrote:
> Had a bit of a strange happening here.
> Suddenly (after reboot and upgrading to 2.6.10 and reinstalling nvidia
> drivers from NVidia), my /usr/X11R6/lib64 had become a plain dir, and not a
> symlink to /usr/X11R6/lib.
> Result was that I had no OpenGL, and glxinfo segfaulted.
> I had to remove lib64 and resymlink to lib, and ofcourse reinstall the
> nvidia driver.
>
> Just a warning, so you who experience the same doesn't have to waste the
> same amount of time as I did.......

I haven't tried OpenGL explicitely, but encountered no problems sofar... did
you use the debs for Nvidia driver?

# NVIDIA video driver
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/amd64/
deb http://people.debian.org/~rdonald/nvidia unstable/all/

Egon

--
e.willighagen@science.ru.nl
PhD student on Molecular Representation in Chemometrics