Re: Warning (Nvidia 6629, Kernel 2.6.10 and latest XFree86)

In The Night wrote:

Had a bit of a strange happening here.
Suddenly (after reboot and upgrading to 2.6.10 and reinstalling nvidia drivers from NVidia), my /usr/X11R6/lib64 had become a plain dir, and not a symlink to /usr/X11R6/lib.
Result was that I had no OpenGL, and glxinfo segfaulted.
I had to remove lib64 and resymlink to lib, and ofcourse reinstall the nvidia driver.

Just a warning, so you who experience the same doesn't have to waste the same amount of time as I did.......

Thanks. Has anyone tried 2.6.11-rc1 with the nvidia drivers? This kernel has a bunch of updates for amd64.
and also alsa 1.0.8-rc2 with the new audigy2 drivers.

Dave