Re: New soundcard, no cd sound

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 08:26, Norval Watson wrote:

> ...  I have run alsaconf (actually, I have to run it each
> time I restart the box..)

Believe me, you have your card mutted in some hidden alsa config file.

Solution:
- don't run alsaconfig after startup
- run alsamixer,
- scroll right until you have rewewed all the mixer settings, and probably
the one which is completly to the right will be mutted.

Wel, at least mine was.

I'm not sure how the default settings where saved after that, but I think
doing this in alsamixer did the trick here.

Drove me crazy too.

Ernest.