Re: New soundcard, no cd sound

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 06:26:46PM +1100, Norval Watson wrote:
> I have just installed a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard in
> Gigabyte K8NSPro mobo, running pure64/sid.
>
> Sound is working on dvd playback but no sound from cd playback.
> Driver is ice1712. I have run alsaconf (actually, I have to run it each
> time I restart the box..)
>
> What might I need to I need to configure to get the cd playback working?

Is the internal audio cable from the cd connected to the sound card
cdaudio input?

Windows hasn't used this since win98 by default, but instead uses
digital extraction to playback CDs.  Linux still uses the audio playback
feature found in the hardware unless you use one of the programs that
plays using digital extraction.