Re: New soundcard, no cd sound

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 06:26:46PM +1100, Norval Watson wrote:
> I have just installed a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 soundcard in
> Gigabyte K8NSPro mobo, running pure64/sid.
>
> Sound is working on dvd playback but no sound from cd playback.
> Driver is ice1712. I have run alsaconf (actually, I have to run it each
> time I restart the box..)
>
> What might I need to I need to configure to get the cd playback working?

Don't know what you mean with "CD playback", my Audiophile doesn't have
connectors for an internal CDROM. Check out the .asoundrc files over
here (sorry, long url):

  http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Midiman%2FMAudio&card=Delta+Audiophile+2496.&chip=ICE1712+%28Envy24%29&module=ice1712

I use this .asoundrc to be able to record from the S/PDIF input:

# Midiman Audiophile 2496
pcm.ice1712 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

ctl.ice1712 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

# Plug device for 2 channel S/PDIF input
pcm.ice_spdif {
    type plug
    ttable.0.8 1
    ttable.1.9 1