Re: nvidia drivers

While we are at it... is it possible to get the a 32bit userspace to work against a 64 bit kernel? I am having troubles at the moment just getting the module compiled (I have the 32bit userspace, and the standard scripts are not passing the right magic in the right places...)

Yes, this works. It's basically easy now that the nvidia deb packaging situation seems to have stabilized. First you need to get your 64-bit side sorted out (proper sources.list, module-assistant, etc); all this is covered already I believe?

The new 64-bit nvidia-glx deb only includes the 64-bit libs. So to get your 32-bit apps running with opengl, the last step is to go into your 32-bit chroot (you have one, right? if not, see the HOWTO) and do an apt-get install nvidia-glx there as well. This will pull in bogus kernel dependencies, but these will be ignored; the important thing is that the 32-bit versions of the opengl libraries will now be installed in the chroot.