Which kernel must I take ?

Hi there !

Meanwhile, it seems clear that my first install on my Targa laptop was really "messed up", as someone once said ... (for example : I get as "segmentation fault" while doing ext2resize on a brand new partition !), so I decided to try again from scratch my NetInstall, using this CD image : http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/install-images/2004-07-01/sid-amd64-netinst.iso

Question : between the differents kernels I can choose (2.6.x-generic, 2.6.x-k8, and so on), which one is the best for me ? I had the impression, reading the information aptitude gave me, that the 2.6.x-generic series is not really optimized for amd64, or did I get it wrong ?

The computer is a Targa Visionary 811 laptop, apparently based on a VIA motherboard (VIA-rhine Etheret card, that is for sure), graphic card ATI Radeon mobility 9700.

Thank you all.
FD

--
Entre le fort et le faible, entre le riche et le pauvre, entre le maître et le serviteur, c'est la liberté qui opprime et la loi qui affranchit.

Henri LACORDAIRE (1802 - 1861)