Re: any problems with kernel-image-2.6.8-amd64 2.6.8-1?

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Frederik Schueler did have cause to say:

> Hi,
>
> shortly after release, there was a complaint on IRC about the latest
> 2.6.8-1 kernel image having a broken ia32 emulation.

FWIW that was me, and it wasn't about the deb package specifically. I patched
2.6.8.1 with the newest amd64.org patch (aimed at an -rc as I recall, but it
applied cleanly) and under ia32 emulation fork() (or exec.. didn't do a lot of
digging) kept blowing up.  I'll try the package over the weekend if I get
time.