Re: aptitude out of date?

On 04-Aug-11 15:25, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Using aptitude of the gcc-3.4 pool I got an error message
>
> aptitude: Symbol `_ZTIN4SigC6ObjectE' has different size in shared object,
> consider re-linking
>
> Rebuilding aptitude did not work: The new binary died with a
> core dump immediately.

This sounds strange. I just created a fresh chroot from the gcc-3.4
archive with debootstrap and aptitude seems to run fine from that.

How did you install? Could this be caused by mixing packages from the
gcc-3.3 and the gcc-3.4 archives? In this case maybe
'apt-get install --reinstall libsigc++-1.2-5c102' could help.

Regards
Andreas Jochens