Re: Installer problem

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 06:55:30PM +0200, Miham KEREKES wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We're experiencing some problems regarding installing debian-amd64 on a
> dual-Opteron 244 machine w/ 8G RAM. Disk subsystem is SATA w/
> 3ware Escalade 8506, the machine has 2TB HDD space.

 Is it on a PCI riser card in a PCI-X bus?  That can cause problems with
some Tyan mobos, according to some errata 3ware and Tyan mention.

 Other than that, maybe you're running into the 2TB block dev size limit?
(I don't know exactly what it is, since the cluster we have coming in will
have only 500GB of space, on a 3Ware 9xxx something card.)

 If have the time, you could compile your own kernel with kdb support, and
boot the installer with it, so you can drop into the debugger by pressing a
key.  You could backtrace where the hang happens.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)