Re: Packages which do not compile

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 12:35:20PM -0700, Alex Perry wrote:
> I am still unable to compile a GCC, either 3.3 or 3.4, which passes the
> built in tests of the compiler.
> Those tests aren't run by debian rules to build the package, so the fact
> that we're all able to build
> the compiler suite has nothing to do with whether those compilers would
> pass the test suite.

Actually, they get run, and it even has a report of them.  See
/usr/share/doc/gcc-3.3-base/test-summary.gz

I did take a look at them once but I didn't really investigate
it.  It something about spawn not working.  I think the problem
is more in the script doing the tests than gcc itself.

>From the 3.4 build for gcc it says:
                === gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes            731
# of unexpected failures        17981