Re: lack of tg3 in kernel -- please contact Broadcom

Hi list,

In order to have an overview of what hardware support is needed in
our Debian-Installer effords, I have created the following overview:

http://users.idf.de/~fs/k8-devices.txt

Please send in additions and corrections.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 02:40:24PM -0500, Stephen Waters wrote:
> Relevance: Several x86-64 boards have Broadcom NICs (including mine)

As long as there is no consensus on this "evil firmware" topic, I would
prefer to stay with vanilla 2.6 kernels in our installer, with full
support for acenic and tg3 nics, and patched in bcm57xx support as well.

When we become an official port, this discussion will hopefully be
concluded.

Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG