Re: Postgres in 64 Bit?

On Saturday 17 April 2004 22:36, TJ wrote:
> When I try and build it in a biarch chroot, i get:
>
> /usr/bin/ld -r -o SUBSYS.o heaptuple.o indextuple.o indexvalid.o printtup.o
> scankey.o tupdesc.o /usr/bin/ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from
> format elf64-x86-64 (heaptuple.o) to format elf32-i386 (SUBSYS.o) is not
> supported
>
> I don't know of any way around this, i've added -m64 to my compiler
> flags. Anything I can do?

You also need to tell ld to create 64-bit output. This option would normally
be passed automatically by gcc when doing the final link. In this case you
seem to be using ld directly to do a partial link.

Passing "-m elf_x86_64" to ld should fix the problem. I'll let you figure out
how to convince the Postgres build system to do this:)

Paul