Re: Handeling of lib64 directories in packages.

Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be> writes:

> When building packages for pure64 I ran into the same problem
> over and over, and I have no idea what the problem really is.
>
> It seems when preparing the package things gets moved to the
> "lib64" dir.  But when it then tries to package it looks for it
> in the "lib" dir.
>
> Anybody got any idea why it's doing that and how to fix it?
>

> Kurt

Maybe, just maybe:

The upstream source is aware of amd64 and conforms to the standard of
using lib64. Running 'configure; make; make install
prefix=debian/package' will put the libs in lib64. The debian/rules
file on the other hand is not following the amd64 lib64 standard and
looks in /lib.

MfG
        Goswin