nfs server problems with gcc-3.4

Is anybody succesfully running nfs-kernel-server on a gcc-3.4 system? I had it working with pure64, but after upgrading all packages to gcc-3.4, it was failing to start, so I did a test clean install of a gcc-3.4 system, and ran into the same problem.

The obvious symptom is that it hangs for a long time at:
"Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd"

Digging a little deeper, the problem appears to be with portmap. It seems that it is dying as soon as rpc.nfsd tries to contact it. I manually started portmap with "-d -v" args, and see the following:
   server: about do a switch
   portmap[25586]: connect from 127.0.0.1 to unset(nfs)
   svc_sendreply
   Aborted

-Tupshin