Re: Very, Very off-topic

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 10:57 +0100, In The Night wrote:

> I'm trying to find a RS232 Switch (If there is something like
> that).

Sure.  They used (20-25 years ago) to be very popular, but not so
much, any more, since the only external serial devices that most
anyone uses (at home, at least) anymore is an external modem or
some sort of home automation controller.

But, relatively speaking, not many people do HA or external serial
modems.  (It's all USB or ethernet now)

> I have a lot (3+) old Serial devices which I use daily, and I
> would like to continue with it.
> When my Onboard NIC broke down I had to remove my old IO card,
> and there is only 1 RS232 onboard.
> I googled, but only found USB2Serial devices, and I don't believe
> that would work for me....

Why not?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, teach him to fish, he
gets mad at you for making him have to work so hard."