Re: mysql 4.1

Corin Langosch <corinl@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> after further testing it shows that the official mysql
> binary from www.mysql.com
> mysql-standard-4.1.7-unknown-linux-x86_64-glibc23.tar.gz
> doesnt' work with the latest pure64 or gcc-3.4.
> as mentioned, always the locks block the whole mysql-server
> and it cant even be killed.
>
> i'm now running mysql-standard-4.1.7-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz
> and it works again. but now it's running in emulated 32-bit
> mode, i guess?
>
> i downloaded the sources but cant compile them. it always
> complains about linuxthreads..? i didnt find a mysql-4.1.7
> precompiled on alioth, isnt it exisiting?
>
> any help would be really appreciated :)
>
> corin

Amd64 has no support for kernel 2.4 in glibc and I think because of
this pthread does not have the LinuxThread comment other archs have.

The libmysqlclinet10-lgpl had the same problem and I forced it to use
pthread despite the missing comment. I'm waiting to hear from the
maintainer if this was ok.

MfG
        Goswin