Re: Undocumented changes to Debian source packages
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Undocumented changes to Debian source packages
- From: Bill Allombert <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:31:11 +0100
- Message-id: <20041210093111.GS30613@seventeen>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20041125180856.GX8130@seventeen> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 02:40:30AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Regrettably alioth is always overloaded and running a consistency
> check over the full archive is very time consuming and would probably
> create a lot of screaming svn users. Luckily it seems that alioth will
> move to a new system soon and amd64 stay on the old one on its
> own. Once that happens we would be free to run such tests regularly.
That is really good news.
> > Since I cannot know who made that change, I post here my comment on that
> > patch:
> You could have looked at the changes file (in the same subdir) to see:
> Maintainer: Andreas Jochens <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> as well as the gpg signature on it. Blame him. :)
Experience has show me that the person mentionned here might have
build the package but not made the change, etc.
> Strange that this doesn't show up on the other 64bit
Good question. Apparently, it is sensitive to compiler optimisation on ia64:
it fails if you force -O0 optimization.
> We are looking forward to a fix.
Speaking of that, I have upload 2.1.6 which include a fix for that
problem. It build OK on ravel.
Imagine a large red swirl here.