Re: Undocumented changes to Debian source packages

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 02:40:30AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Regrettably alioth is always overloaded and running a consistency
> check over the full archive is very time consuming and would probably
> create a lot of screaming svn users. Luckily it seems that alioth will
> move to a new system soon and amd64 stay on the old one on its
> own. Once that happens we would be free to run such tests regularly.

That is really good news.

> > Since I cannot know who made that change, I post here my comment on that
> > patch:
>
> You could have looked at the changes file (in the same subdir) to see:
>
> Maintainer: Andreas Jochens <aj@andaco.de>
>
> as well as the gpg signature on it. Blame him. :)

Experience has show me that the person mentionned here might have
build the package but not made the change, etc.

> Strange that this doesn't show up on the other 64bit
> architectures.

Good question. Apparently, it is sensitive to compiler optimisation on ia64:
it fails if you force -O0 optimization.

> We are looking forward to a fix.

Speaking of that, I have upload 2.1.6 which include a fix for that
problem. It build OK on ravel.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>