Re: X Strangeness with mouse after new install

Artimus Dink wrote:
> One thing I've found is that if I do a 'modprobe
> psmouse' prior to 'startx', then X will start straight
> away and the mouse works fine... any ideas?

I am guessing that either hotplug or discover or something else is
installed on my machine and loading that module automatically while on
your machine it is not.

Add psmouse to /etc/modules so that it is always loaded.  This was
always needed previously with woody.  It is a tried and true method.

Bob