Pergolesi problems

We cannot update the sid_amd64_pure chroot since NPTL and the kernel
are incompatible.

The exact error message is as follows

Get:1 http://bach.hpc2n.umu.se sid/main libc6 2.3.2.ds1-18 [4319kB]
[..]
Preparing to replace libc6 2.3.2.ds1-16 (using
.../libc6_2.3.2.ds1-18_amd64.deb) ...
WARNING: POSIX threads library NPTL requires 2.6 and
later kernel on amd64. If you use 2.4 kernel, please
upgrade your kernel before installing glibc.
dpkg: error processing

You way want to adjust this behaviour.

Then there is the sarge_amd64_biarch on pergolesi as well, which is
already disfunktional since no packages can be updated anymore:

pergolesi!joey(pts/0):/root# apt-get update
COMPAT_ARCHS: i686 i586 i486 i386 all
Err http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sarge/main Packages
  404 Not Found
Ign http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sarge/main Release
Err http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sarge/main Sources
  404 Not Found
Ign http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org sarge/main Release
Failed to fetch
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/dists/sarge/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz
404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/dists/sarge/main/source/Sources.gz
404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
pergolesi!joey(pts/0):/root#

Please let me know if/what you plan to do with it.

Regards,

	Joey

--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
        -- Linus Torvalds