kdm and psaux

Sometimes kdm is not starting and I have to login in console,
it seems that xserver does not find my mouse, but after starting kdm manually
it runs without any problem.

kdm.log:
==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4"
(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/psaux
        No such device.
(EE) Configured Mouse: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "Configured Mouse"
No core pointer

Fatal server error:
failed to initialize core devices

the device /dev/psaux is there, this problem only occure at boot time to the
needed runlevel.

/etc/X11/XF86Config-4:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

One further question, until today I did not find out what the second input
device is for, could someone please explain to me?

thank you

regards

Andree