Re: Status of debian-amd64 after sarge release

On 04-Nov-15 02:39, Jan Houstek wrote:
> If I understand it well, the current port is mostly based on Sarge which
> is to be released before end of 2004 (knock, knock). So my questions are:
>
> 1) What will happen with debian-amd64 after Sarge is released? Will it be
> freezed or will it continue to follow (new) testing? What about security
> updates?

For the gcc-3.4 archive, my intention is to freeze sarge when it is
released and to make it available as

deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4 sarge main

I will use the gcc-3.4 'sarge' archive for my own servers.
Because of this, I will of course apply the official sarge
security updates to that archive.

For the gcc-3.4 'unstable' archive, the intention is to continue to
follow the official 'unstable' distribution until the amd64 port
has been officially accepted by Debian and until 'unstable' has
switched to gcc-3.4 (or maybe gcc-4.0) as its default compiler.

Regards
Andreas Jochens