Re: recommendations for a barebone system

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 09:47 +0200, Pablo Pita wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to assemble a small system, probably a barebone, so that I can
> put it in a bag and take it with me. It does not have to be top-top as I am
> not into gaming, just into compiling stuff and running Java applications. I
> like that it is silent and it offers a good quality/price relation. I have
> seen the K8 Mainboards Linux compatibility list, and from what I see, it
> could be the Shuttle SN85G4 model.
> Do you have any suggestions or links ?

Does it *have* to be a 64 bit box?  If not, a mini-ITX system may
suit you better.  (It certainly is quieter!)

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA
PGP Key ID 8834C06B

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible,
you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
Brian W. Kernighan