Re: Recommendations for cheap Linux-compatible Opteron mobo

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 22:05, Peter Cordes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 09:13:55AM +0800, Paolo Alexis Falcone wrote:
> > Any recommendations for a relatively cheap Linux-compatible opteron
> > motherboard? I'm looking forward for acquiring a couple of
> > single/dual-opteron boards for server stuff.
>
>  Why not use a socket 754 Athlon64?  Unless you need a ton of RAM, it should
> be fine.  You can use registered ECC memory with them.

Actually, all Opterons require registered, ECC RAM -- the memory
controller is built into the CPU. The nice thing about it is you can go
over to CMTL and check if the memory you're buying works with your CPU
(motherboard is taken out of the equation!).

Here's my RAM:
http://www.cmtlabs.com/memSearchResults.asp?sManuf=Buffalo&sPN=DD333L-R512%2FMC&oSubmit=Search

-s