Re: SATA/usb mass storage conflict

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 11:26:37AM +1000, Richard Salts wrote:
> Is there a simple way to remove the drivers for usbms from the initrd
> image while using the fc rescue disk?

 I've had to fight with Debian's initrds for 2.4 openMosix kernels (for the
3w-9xxx modules...)  I wrote a shell script that mounts the cramfs image,
makes an ext2 filesystem in an 8MB file, mounts it, cp -a, and fixes some
things up.

 You might do the same thing (manually).

> Has anyone had similar
> experiences? I'm assuming the sata drives and the usb drives are
> fighting over /dev/sda, if I were to create a kernel image with the sata
> drivers compiled in statically and the usbms loaded as a module later
> do people think it will still conflict?

 I think Linux knows not to load a module when it's already compiled in.
(Probably just because of symbol errors.)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)