Re: Do you know this mirror?

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 12:25:15PM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:

 I missed your reply until now...  oops.

> On 04-Sep-24 17:00, Peter Cordes wrote:
> >  Speaking of which, the Packages.gz files for the gcc-3.4/testing repository
> > on bach.hpc2n.umu.se are 20bytes (i.e. a gzip of an empty file).  The
> > uncompressed versions are right, but apt-get goes for the compressed.
>
> The amd64/gcc-3.4 repository currently has only packages from
> sid/unstable and not from sarge/testing. This is the reason why the
> Packages.gz file for testing is empty.

 It's not empty on Alioth.  gcc-3.4/dists/testing/Release says it's
unstable, not testing, though.  A symlink, I guess.

> However, I am preparing an amd64/gcc-3.4 sarge archive
> for my own private use which has already the debs from
> 7940 source packages from current 'testing' installed.
>
> If there is demand for an amd64/gcc-3.4 sarge/testing archive,
> I could upload my packages to the gcc-3.4 archive on alioth.

 I guess the machine I thought was running sarge is actually running sid.
I think I'll stick with sid, myself.  Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
Peter Cordes ;  e-mail: X(peter@cor , des.ca)