Re: newbie last try

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:22:01AM +0200, Thomas J. Zeeman wrote:
> > 1.  I am unable to have windows in option for boot-up in GRUB.  During
> [snip]
>
> This is an old bug I reported several months ago already. It is still not
> fixed.

What is the bug, exactly?  I have grub booting into Windows XP on an
NTFS partition on a SATA drive without any problems.  I used the
"other OS" entry in /usr/share/doc/grub/examples/menu.lst and it "just
worked" (once it worked at all; iirc I had to install grub manually at
the end of the install (a couple of months ago).)

Which is not to say there aren't any problems, but there are setups
that do what you're trying to do.

--Pete