newbie last try

Sorry for the repeat, but my system is unusable at the moment and I
wanted to give it one last try before I completely forget debian and
settle for andother distro.

1.  I am unable to have windows in option for boot-up in GRUB.  During
the installation process for the bootloader, it says I have no other
operating system.  Do I need to parition differently?  Windows XP is
on an NTFS partition that I set as "do not use this partion" but
turned the bootable flag "on".  NTFS is not an option in the
installer, like FAT32 so I can mount that as a DOS parition, which I
do.  Can anyone help with this?

2.  When I finish installing the base system and bootloader and
reboot, I constantly have the same code consistently repeating in the
shell:

nv_sata:  primary device added
nv_sata:  primary device removed
nv_sata:  secondary device added
nv_sata:  secondary device removed

Thsi keeps going on throughout the rest of the install, when trying to
get apt-get working, to the point where I can't choose options or type
since this is continually running and bringing the screen down.
Horribly frustrating and irritating.  No other distributions I tried
had this problem, x86 or amd64.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.  Thank you

Ross

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX
Motherboard w/Audio, Dual LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor Socket 939 Retail
Western Digital Raptor serial ATA hard drive (74 GB, 10,000rpm)
eVGA GeForce 6800 AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card