install error

I'm a newbie taking another crack at installing the amd64 port of
Debian.  I'm using the monolithic.iso that was updated on alioth today
(Oct 5).  It found my hard drive so I was able to get past the
paritioning step, but I recieved the following error when I got to the
next step of installing the base system:

"Invalid Release file:  no entry for main/binary-amd64 packages"

followed by
"The base system installation into /target/ failed"

Is this a hardware issues still, something wrong with my paritioning
scheme?  Any help in newbie terms would be much appreciated.

Ross

System:
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra Athlon 64(FX) Skt939 DDR ATX
Motherboard w/Audio, Dual LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor Socket 939 Retail
Western Digital Raptor serial ATA hard drive (74 GB, 10,000rpm)
eVGA GeForce 6800 AGP 8X 128MB DDR Video Card