the chicken and the egg

Hi

I'm trying to install pure64 on a dual 242 with a 3w-9500 RAID card via PXE. The installation runs flawlessly right up to the final reboot into the new system. At this point, the kernel loads but fails to find it's root partition. This is expected, of course, as the kernel doesn't have the 3w-9xxx driver built in, it's loaded as a module when installing.

I'm presented with a big list of kernels to choose from by the installer, do any of these have the 3w-9xxx driver included statically? A better question is probably "how do I find out if any of these include the driver statically?"

Regards

--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/