Re: Update screwes up bios (or something)

I have a tiger k8w, and somwhere along the line I mussed it up video
card like that. i'm not really sure how i did it, but i only noticed it
when i locked myself out of the machine trying to use pam_ldap. clearing
the bios fixed it. i think it maybe bad agp settings, but i'm not sure.
it's a server in a rack so i didn't really feel to compelled to
reproduce the bug, i'd advise setting up the serial interface to the
bios and serial out in your kernel, that way you can at least shut down
the machine properly the next time the screen blanks out.
patrick