Re: SATA RAID (MSI Neo-FSR) on debian-amd64

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:43:19AM +0200, Erik Mouw wrote:
> > Oh, this might be important: There are no IDE devices on my system
> > aside from the dvd-burner. The installer talks about writing the
> > bootloader to the mbr or hdd1 (with "hardwareraid=on, software
> > raid=off" and "hardwareraid=off, softwareraid=off"), whilst such
> > device doesn't really exist. The sata drives are identified by the
> > installer as scsi drives.
>
> I'm not sure LILO and/or Grub understand SATA devices mapped to
> /dev/sd*, all my amd64 box is netbooted (using pxelinux).

   Yes, they do. My AMD64 box boots using Grub from a SATA drive (off
one of the on-board controllers), and I use /dev/sda for the drive.

   Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
          --- What part of "gestalt" don't you understand? ---