Re: Lots of PREEMPT on 2.6.7-6 and 2.6.7-3. 2.6.8-3 panics before mounting anything.

> David VandeVen (zanshin@meobets.com) wrote:
>> Off the top of my head. Don't enable preemptive kernel in kernel
>> config for Athlon 64. As it says in the documentation, it's not
>> well-tested and may be unstable.

Just as curiosity, does anyone know if this a permanent situation (ie.
technology limiting) or just something that they're still working on. From
my experiences on P4 systems, pre-empt is quite useful, I'd hate to lose
it permanently as I slowly migrate to AMD64.

/v\