Re: /etc/apt/apt.conf APT::Get::Compile flags

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

Dear all,

I would like to try compiling ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat packages to AMD-64. Are there special flags needed in /etc/apt/apt.conf to compile using:
apt-get source package_name --build?

You shouldn't need any flags anywhere as long as you have a deb-src line for nerim and the dpkg-dev package (which has dpkg-buildpackage). I actually just built this program for amd64 and what I ended up doing is a loop of `apt-get build-dep mplayer`, it complains it can't get foo-bar, apt-get source --build foo-bar, repeat. Speaking of which, sometime soon I'm both going to setup an amd64/gcc-3.4 mirror and a repository of things like mplayer custom built.

-Peter