Re: Is AMD64 Debian port suitable for production servers
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Is AMD64 Debian port suitable for production servers
- From: Oliver Jusinger <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:32:43 +0200
- Message-id: <1095899562.17319.329.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20040914200654.GA21959@psilocybus>
Aritz Beraza Garayalde [Rei] wrote:
> You can install debian form amd64 right now. You can read this  to
> learn how to do it. Last I heard about it, 97% of the debian official
> packages where ported to amd64, and we have regular update, te same as
> the official debian sid distro.
We have the same problem - a Dual Opteron has to be installed next week
(Webserver apache/mysql/php..). Of course a really bad moment, but we
can't change that.
So our prefered configuration is to use sarge/testing including the
amd64-libs which are already in testing, a 64bit-kernel and compile the
most applications ourselves.
however says that work on this will not be continued? Are there any
experiences about problems (ie. libraries).
thx for any comments,