Re: KDE on AMD64

Philipp Frauenfelder wrote:

Dear John

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 11:25:17PM -0400, John C. Martin wrote:
a user logs in kde takes forever (well a long time at least) to start. It sits on initializing system services for several minutes, then the startup box dissapears and we have just the background for another few minutes, then

This sounds very much like a networking problem to me. Something
like timeouts the systems waits for before it proceeds...

Regards
on that note, is your hosts file setup properly? i.e. with the localhost (/me clutches at straws)