Re: CDCEther support in network install?

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 03:32:51PM +0200, Eugene San wrote:
> Recently i tried to install sid-amd64-monolithic.iso (07/09/04) and it seems that there is no support for CDCEther module while generic usbnet is present.
>
> Is there any solution? It would be nice for many Cable Internet users.

all flavours, including the installer kernel, have following options set:

CONFIG_USB_USBNET=m
CONFIG_USB_CDCETHER=y

the usbnet module is in the nic-usb-modules udeb.

was the module loaded, or did you try loading it from hand?

> P.S.
> Why not to add debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/ to mirror list while it out of official mirrors?

the sarge fork will have an installer pointing to the correct mirrors,
but for pure64 we want to stay as close as possible to sid and not
introduce temporary changes we will have to remove after sarge got
released and pure64 was added to main.

But it is indeed annoying...

Kind regards
Frederik Schueler