acroread works now && /emul naming scheme?

Hi list,

A gentoo user just pointed me to this thread:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=212021&sid=a3580c060cf3d4d1a2f3a723b5dd8092

There, "evgeny" describes how to get acroread to work with amd64. The
solution boils down to adding

export XLOCALEDIR=/emul/ia32-linux/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/

to the top of /usr/bin/acroread, as the locale directory already exists
on pure64. Oh, and I noticed that gentoo uses /emul/x86 instead of
/emul/ia32-linux. Probably either us or them should change directory
structure to get some consistency here?

And if someone tries to get opera running with plugins (e.g.
acroread...): You need the libXm libraries, which unfortunately are not
in ia32-libs. But you can get binary versions of those libraries here:
http://www.opera.com/download/linux/motif/openmotif-2.1.30-linux-i386.tgz
Extract those to the emul directory and it should work (at least it did
for me).

--
Sebastian Steinlechner