Re: installation stuck in loop

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:32:12PM -0500, Mike Reinehr wrote:
> Christian,
> I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for -- I'm new to this
> list -- but I just did a successful AMD64 install to an Opteron server with
> SATA hard disks, using the Debian From Scratch (DFS) method. (See The Debian
> GNU/Linux AMD64 HOWTO:
> https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id257798)

I see this only now, I am not subscribed to this list... this is also the
reason why I am breaking the threading, I was trying to reply to this from
master, but it ran out of space again, sorry for the inconvenience.

After downloading a fresh cdimage, I noticed it probably hasn't changed
since friday, the md5sums match. So I just did what Goswin said, fixed
/usr/lib/debootstrap/script/sarge to load libgnutls11 instead 10 and after
three tries (first it installed 10 and 11, and had some trouble, then awk
existed, and I had to remove it manually) it installed fine! Grub even
detected the Debian/i386 installation and lists it under other OS, didn't
try to boot his yet, though.

So why again is AMD64 not yet on the debian mirrors? It rocks!