gdb broken on amd64 or omit-frame-pointer or ???
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: gdb broken on amd64 or omit-frame-pointer or ???
- From: "Jeffrey W. Baker" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:26:18 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I was trying to debug a crasher in Firefox, but I keep getting these
bogus stack traces out of gdb:
> #210 0x0062776a2f656d6f in ?? ()
> #211 0x5f6e653d474e414c in ?? ()
> #212 0x382d4654552e5355 in ?? ()
> #213 0x373d53454e494c00 in ?? ()
> #214 0x3d4c564c48530031 in ?? ()
> #215 0x2f3d454d4f480031 in ?? ()
> #216 0x62776a2f656d6f68 in ?? ()
> #217 0x445f454d4f4e4700 in ?? ()
The first 48 levels of the stack are correct, but followed by several
hundred levels of junk. I this problem caused by build flags in firefox
package, or maybe some bogosity in gdb? Or some other thing?