Re: New kernel flavour names

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 03:03:12PM -0300, Peter Cordes wrote:
>  Good idea.  I think that makes a lot of sense.  It doesn't say it's a 64bit
> kernel, but that's what arch fields in packages are for, so it doesn't have
> to, right?

The flavours where all renamed to amd64-* to not clash with other
architectures, depite the architecture field. And thinking of multiarch,
where you could install the i386 -p4 kernel deb and the amd64 -p4 kernel deb
on the same system and dual-boot...

We should finally agree to something for the 2.6.8 kernels wich will be
released with the amd64 sarge.

Greetings
Frederik Schueler

--