Re: gcc-3.4 ready?

Andreas Jochens wrote:

There has not been any decision whether the pure64/gcc-3.3 archive will
be dropped in favor the the amd64/gcc-3.4 archive. There are some 300
packages more available in the pure64/gcc-3.3 archive than in the amd64/gcc-3.4 amd64/gcc-3.4 at the moment (~8300 vs. ~8000 packages). I think that the amd64/gcc-3.4 archive will catch up in the next two weeks so that nearly the same number of packages will be available in both archives. However, the amd64/gcc-3.4 archive will still need a few extra gcc-3.4 related fixes compared to the official sid/sarge distribution. These are mostly minor one-line C/C++ standards compliance fixes, but patches to the official packages will be necessary nevertheless for these issues.

As for stability, I am using the packages from the amd64/gcc-3.4 archive myself on three machines (on my main desktop and on two servers) since a
few weeks without any problems. From my own experience I would say
that the stability is almost the same as for i386/unstable.

You should mention the sources.list for this. AFAIK its

deb http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/gcc-3.4/ unstable main non-free contrib

Regards

Harri