Installer problem

Hi All,

We're experiencing some problems regarding installing debian-amd64 on a
dual-Opteron 244 machine w/ 8G RAM. Disk subsystem is SATA w/
3ware Escalade 8506, the machine has 2TB HDD space.

We tried this installer:

We partitioned the system to have a simple root and boot partition
(though this should be the same partition) and we set the remaining
2T-1G space to LVM. To cut the long story short, the installer hung,
the last thing I see is "Creating dev entries" or something like that.
Since I noticed that the installer is coming w/ a devfsd enabled kernel,
i wonder why it's needed to create device entries?

What could be the problem?

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm constantly trying to improve it..)

* Miham KEREKES * Szegedi Tudományegyetem Egyetemi Könyvtár *
* Aki mindig a sátor tetején van, annak a sátoraljaújhely.. *