Re: Attention with new nvidia drivers (1.0.6106)

Frederik Schueler wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 06:28:25PM -0700, Drew Hess wrote:
According to the release notes, this driver supports 32-bit OpenGL
apps (very cool!).  I wonder if the installation problem you had has
something to do with the fact that /usr/lib contains 64-bit libs on
debian-amd64, but on RedHat and SuSE it contains 32-bit libs.

Yes, I think this is what breaks during install. According to the
questions the installer poses and the order in they appear, I presume
first the 64bit libs get copied into /usr/lib64 (wich is a symlink to
/usr/lib), then the 32bit libs are copied to /usr/lib (overwriting the
64bit ones), and there we have it.

We should really think about patching the i386 nvidia-* packages. It should depend on ia32-libs and install the 32bit libs to /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/
I just tested this with an old 32bit version of Q2, it works.
Yeah, I just copied the lib64 stuff into /usr/lib and the lib stuff into my 32bit tree, and everything works fine. Works with Neverwinter Nights and the old Unreal Tournament on my machine. (Of course, it worked before, I just had to install the 32-bit libs into my 32-bit tree and set __GL_FORCE_DIRECT=0 )

Levi
(Tak)