Install attempt - 2 problems

My board is a Tyan S2875 K8W, SATA controller is an Sil3114.  I'm
using the netinst image of June 29. My problems are:

1) I'm trying to use an SCM wireless card for networking.  When I
designate the prism54 module for loading,  The network never connects.
Using an alternate console and dmesg I see:

eth0: prism54 driver detected card model: SCM2802W v2
eth0: islpci_opencl
eth0: resetting device...
eth0: uploading firmware
prism54: request_firmware() failed for 'isl3890'
eth0: could not upload firmware('isl3890')

(I think this is all correct -- it's transcribed, not pasted)
What do I need to do here?

2) I'm trying to install the system on SATA drives.  They don't appear
in the partioning menu.  I've been trying to follow the threads on
this list about working around this, but I seem to have missed
something.  The siimage driver shows up in the pci core, but the
drives are not detected.  They are detected during post by the bios.
They show up as 0 and 1.  I did modprobe siimage which ran with no
output and no change in the partition menu.  So I guess I need a
cookbook for this.

Thanks.

Don
Don Hayward