usb stalls/crashes system and some other problems

Just instllad Pure64 yesterday via Debian From Scratch.

whenever i run discover or hotplug the system stalls.

It looks like hotplug and discover are loading uhci-hcd before ehci-hcd, and the the system stalls
if I do exactly the same by hand the box stalls too.
However if I load ehci-hcd before uhci-hcd everything works.

And an other thing I noticed, I used jfs for /var /usr and /home
I had to reset the box after usb stalled it and fsck reported that
the jfs partitions were clean however mount wasn't able to mount 'em.

Problem number three is tah sbp2 is failing to access my external firewire harddisc from time to time, powering it off and on doesn't help.

Let me know what kind of date you people need from me.
and I can add access to the box via ssh if needed.

I have tested with the DFS amd64 kernel and that kernel from the sod repository on alioth.

greets Uwe
p.s.: I don't have acces to the system 'til tomorrow.
--
Jetzt will man das Internet nicht einfach ein paar Leuten wie der IETF
überlassen, die wissen, was sie tun. Es ist zu wichtig geworden. - Scott Bradner